When I first accessed Facebook, I set up my personal page and then realized as time went on it wasn't the greatest of decisions. Since studying and taking classes on how to profit using Facebook – it was as plain as the nose on my face – each and every resource I have accessed to learn about Facebook says, “build a business page do not use a personal page for business."
The reasons are numerous:
Why you don’t want to use personal pages for your business:
- Allows only 5000 followers
- Accessed by family and friends it is hard to maintain a professional appearance.
- When Aunt Sue starts ranting and raving about her political views it could turn some potential clients off. You get the point.
- It allows you to brand your business through use of your logo and customized cover photo.
- You can create unique tabs or landing pages that are extremely valuable when used properly.
- Business pages are indexed by Google. Anything you post on your page can be found by people doing Google searches.
- As an added bonus when you link from your business page to your website you are increasing the chances of achieving a higher ranking within Google.
Think about it carefully before setting your page up. For more tips, tricks and exclusive links that will benefit your business, like my page on Facebook.
If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to email me: