That seems like an obvious question right. It may seem like a no brainer, but so many people do not take time for themselves; life is so busy with work, families and especially when you own your own business or trying to start one, it seems next to impossible to find the time.
Personal development helps you in prioritizing the important things in life. It gives you balance and peace of mind; it helps to clear the clutter of negative thinking and self-doubt. I know this is a business blog, but I feel this is important enough to write an article about.
It is so important to take the time because it will lead to a more balanced and harmonious life and that leads to a successful and fulfilling existence.
What is personal development? It is the act of enriching one’s own physical, emotional and psychological well-being. It is me time – and everyone around you will be enriched because you will be your best self.
So many people try affirmations and when they don’t get the results they think they should have given up and abandon the idea.
They do work when done properly
How to Create Powerful Affirmations:
- Take stock of yourself by making an inventory of your best qualities, abilities, or other attributes. Are you a hard worker, organized, beautiful? Make note of it. Write each quality down in a short sentence, starting with "I" and using the present tense: "I am beautiful," for example, or "I am generous." These statements are affirmations of who you are. We seem to always dwell on all the negative things we don’t like about ourselves. A list of your positive attributes will help you break the cycle.
- Take a day or two and write down all the negative scripts you tell yourself. For example “I am so fat," I have no willpower,” “I will never be successful” etc. We will turn these harmful thought around using affirmations. Affirmations are excellent at counteracting negative perceptions you have about yourself.
- You may find you have a lot of different areas to work on. It is more effective to concentrate on just a few affirmations at a time. Choose the most important negative scripts you need to change. Once you start seeing improvement in those area’s you will go to the next.
- Now is the time to turn your negative self-talk into positive affirmations. This will help you re-script your sub-conscious mind. Just like you wrote your best qualities at the beginning of this exercise you will now turn your negatives into positives. There are rules when writing your affirmations. You must remember when you write an affirmation they are in the present tense and occur in the now.
- Affirmations must be positive not negative. A negative affirmation is one that states your opposition to it. Example: “I am not my father," “I do not think bad thoughts," “I do not eat when I am not hungry," “I will not gain weight." They allow the mind to hear negative connotations that will override the positive you are trying to achieve. So instead of using the examples above you would write: “I fill my mind with positive thoughts every day”, “I chose to eat food that is nourishing” IE: “I am not," I do not create” “I do not think," are negative starts to any affirmation.
There are two types of affirmations.
The Intention that you wish to create, it would look like this: “I have perfect health," “I make people happy," “I am perfectly calm,"" I am smart and successful."
A decision or conclusion “I do the best I can," “People are basically good," “I have everything I need to be extremely successful."
Make your affirmations visible so you can use them over, and over, and over. Repetition is the key to making affirmations effective. You will need to repeat them to yourself several times a day or more. How?Write your affirmations in a journal every morning when you wake up and when you go to bed each night. They should be the first thing you think of when you get up and the last thing your think when you go to bed.
Meditate on your affirmations. Get comfortable close your eyes and repeat your affirmations, visualize how you will feel, what it will look like – feel the emotion behind the affirmation.
Leave sticky notes around the house where you will see them. Stick them everywhere (one affirmation per paper). What the mind hears repeatedly it tends to repeat, and then it attempts to bring that into reality. What you say yourself carries the greatest weight in self-evaluation and self-creation.
The more you affirm something the more firmly your mind will accept it. Using affirmations in combination with a goal can be very powerful.
Affirmations are part of the Law of Attraction used hand in hand you will be shocked at what happens..
For a free initial consultation or if you just want to ask a few questions contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org