I have not been able to do this overnight. However – one thing I would like you to know is that “in the beginning” (here we go with genesis again!) You will not (unless you are a super hero) be able to run 100 different directions or launch 20 different projects. Focus on one project – and see it through. This is a tough thing to do, but once you get this project off the ground and running you can then take all your knowledge and launch your next idea with much more clarity, focus and know how.
If you learn nothing else from reading this, please remember – the number-one thing you absolutely need to know is how to build a strong foundation first! Focus on one idea/business at a time.
If you don't do that, your business will fall like a house of cards, when you change your focus to marketing or other endeavors. I cannot really emphasis enough how important it is to focus on the basic foundation of your business one step at a time…
Focus... Focus... Focus... Sit down and really look at your business model – are all the pieces are in place? Look at your website with a critical eye before you start promoting your business.
7 Questions to Ask Yourself before You Move Forward
- Do you have a workable business strategy that makes sense?
- Do you have a website that will attract you’re target market? Color, design, and feel.
- Are you branded so when a visitor hits your front page they know exactly what your product or service can do for them?
- Are you set up so that visitors can sign-up for some great freebie's (information product)? This allows you to build a data-base and your data base is gold.
- Have you made sure your site has the proper SEO (search engine optimization) so that it will place high in a search engine directory?
- Once you have set up your auto-responder are you using it to your full advantage by creating campaigns to stay in touch with your customers/clients?
- Are you submitting your website to search engines? – Is your website professional - and will it attract the people that you are trying to target. For Free SEO Checklist - click here
If you need help to analyze the situation, please feel free to email me, and I will give you a free initial consultation – no strings attached.
Pamela Jacob - Artista Design