Think about it – ask yourself, how do you define marketing????
I read a book called “Mind Capture” by Tony Rubleski –in his book Tony states “Marketing is the oxygen of every successful business”. He is exactly right – I don’t care how great your product, service, or anything else is, if you do not market your business, then nobody will know about it – and if nobody knows about your business do you really think you will be successful?
OF COURSE NOT!
OK so let’s define what marketing is, in a nutshell – becoming known in your marketplace by building a memorable image or brand – getting the customer to remember you even when they don’t need your goods or services. When the time comes and they need what you have to offer you are the first one that pops into their mind.
- A memorable image – a genuine and honest belief in your product and/or service(s) and letting the world know what you have to offer.
- Becoming an expert in your industry
Study, learn, invest a little money in your business to become anexpert. Keep up with the trends and new developments.
- Define what makes you unique in your industry.
I can honestly tell you that it can be as simple as real customer service. The word customer service is thrown around so loosely – but I am talking about really caring about your customers, making sure that what they are getting is really something that they need. Being there when something goes wrong and making sure that you are on top of everything in a timely manner.
I am old enough to remember when someone gave you their word it was as good as gold – and you could trust what they told you was the truth.
That is a rare commodity in this day and age.
- A professional image – success always draws people to what you have to offer.
You must look successful in every aspect of your business from your business cards down to your website, blog, ads and everything you are projecting out on the internet, as well as print.
Make sure the graphics are all branded (look alike) from the colors, logos, verbiage, feel to the way things are presented. Create an emotional association (such as the feeling of success, happiness, or relief) that a customer forms with the product, service, or company.
- Surround yourself with the best to be the best.
Whoever you incorporate in your inner circle must hold the same values as you do – and all employees and even affiliates must uphold your high standard – one bad seed can be the down fall of your business, especially in the viral world of the internet.
- Know your customer
Who is it that you can help? How can you solve a problem or make someone’s life more enjoyable?
Do not tell me everyone – because that is not true. You must know who you are trying to attract – what does your perfect customer look like, what type of income do they have, what do they find valuable, where do they live and what do they read…
The more you know about your customer the faster you will get results.
- Do a little traditional marketing along with all the internet marketing, social media, and above all else network!
- Don’t be afraid to give away things of values, information, pearls of wisdom and help people – don’t give away the house of course, but I have found the more giving I am the more comes back to me.
If you doubt my words try it, you will be amazed!!
- Set Goals – and review them every morning. Did you know only 3% of people set goals and even less forget about them after they are set!
Now go out there and catch the world on fire!!
For help with a personalized marketing plan contact me
Pamela Jacob - Artista Design